DESIGN | Case Study - OEM Plastic Enclosure
Client & Application
Scope of Supply
- Enclosure Concept Design
- Detail Design & Development
- Injection Mould Tool Management
- Prototype Supply
- Production Procurement & Supply
- Revision Control Throughout Product Life
The requirement was for a bespoke injection moulded plastic enclosure, suitable for housing the client's M2M telemetry product.
After an initial meeting to discuss the client's requirements, a 3D model concept was created, presented & approved.
Following approval of the detailed design and a physical prototype, the design was released for manufacture of injection mould tooling.
Once released for production, Tarbat supplied enclosure assemblies plus associated accessories & cable assemblies direct to the client's chosen EMS provider.
The enclosure was incorporated into the client's product and enjoyed a successful production life, with tens of thousands of units shipped over a 10-year period.
- Minimal Wiring Required
- No Cost for Fasteners & Fitting
- No Cost for Battery Holder
- Lowered Cost for Assembly of Product
- Fast & Low Cost Wall Mounting
- Low Costs for Design & NRE
- Low Cost for Mould Tool
- High Product Quality
- High Product Reliability
- Competitive Costs for Parts